Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Internet Consults

I gotta say, I just love the internet.  It is so easy to use and you can learn so much!  At consultations with new patients, I often hear:  "I was reading on the internet and it said to do this..., or not to do that...".  The medical and dental advice you get is great background info written in terms pretty easy to understand.  However, I would caution you that it is sometimes very misleading and usually not case specific.  In other words,  the internet uses generalities that may not apply to you or your child's specific orthodontic needs or treatment.  I have no problem discussing internet findings with my patients as I find it very interesting, but don't be surprised if I add more appropriate info that may be more relevant to the treatment of you or your child's case.  It's like googling  "board game" versus reading the directions for how to play "monopoly".  Having said that - google to your little heart's content... just beware...big brother's watching you! 
Dr L

No comments:

Post a Comment